Tufte Men's Lunde Sweatshorts - Repaired in Tøyen
A soft sweatshorts for men from Tufte, made from our comfy college material of bamboo rayon and organic cotton. But these shorts have a different story:
In the summer of '18 we were faced with a challenge: 500 of our 1500 new sweatshorts had pockets with dysfunctional zippers. As we put the shorts in storage we looked for solutions; there must be a way to fix this, locally.
We went to our friends at Northern Playground. They told us about their "Made in Tøyen"-concept; an awesome initiative in cooperation with Kulmis. The somali women of Kulmis has a social goal of creating work places, give formal work experience as well as expand the social network of women living in the district of Gamle Oslo. They're members of Tøyen Unlimited, an association supporting local enthusiasts. Kulmis is open for everyone and is located at Tøyen, in the middle of Oslo.
In March 2019 we brought our 500 shorts to Tøyen hoping that the lovely ladies at Kulmis might be able to help us fix them. And indeed they could! And here they are, good as new!
Materials and maintenance
- Materials: 47,5% bamboo rayon, 47,5% organic cotton and 5% elastane
- Maintenance: Machine wash 30°C. Don't tumble dry, use fabric softener or bleach. Iron on low temperatures.
- Consider the environment – don't overwash!
- Details: Elastic waist with drawstring, side pockets with wonderful zippers, back pocket, straight fit, mid-length
- Pattern: Single-coloured or melange
- Article number: 2021-000-00
- Collection: Tufte Everywear